When we're not social distancing, we meet Sundays at 10am for a traditional worship service followed by fellowship time.
Our worship service has a laid-back atmosphere that welcomes everyone of all ages and walks of life.
We believe that community makes a difference in our lives and the lives of others. We strive to build a strong community of Christians at Monona UMC through study and worship. After the worship service we have a fellowship hour that is hosted by different members each week. This is also a time for us to meet as a community and discuss issues relevant to our church and the greater Madison area. Find out for yourself what Monona UMC has to offer. Please join us (virtually)!
Holy Week Worship Times
- April 5th - Palm Sunday - Use the link at the top of the page to attend our LIVE virtual service at 10:00AM
- April 9th - Maundy Thursday - LIVE virtual service at 7:00PM. Check back in for the link.
- April 10th - Good Friday - 12:00PM (Noon). This is an ecumenical service with other Seeds of Peace Churches. Check back in for a Zoom link.
- April 12th - Easter - LIVE virtual service at 10:00AM
We can continue to keep in touch with one another by telephoning the people we know from church, along with our phone calls to relatives or other friends. The word “worship” actually means “the work of the people,” and for the time being this is our work:
1. to reach out to one another just to check in with one another and see that we are alright
2. to ask whether we are well and not sick
3. to be sure that we have enough home essentials
4. to enquire if anything is needed from the grocery (which can be delivered)
I really think this is how we can be the church right now, and not just for each other but for our neighbors as well.
Prayers, peace, and health,
Ways to get involved with the Sunday Service!
Music - Please visit the Get Involved - Music tab to learn more about our singing and handbell choirs.
We always need liturgists and volunteers to bring flowers for the altar. Please sign up below!